Breathe Better in Your Home with these Simple Tips to Improve Air Quality
If you suffer from asthma, allergies or other breathing difficulties, you know how important it is to have good indoor air quality. At Buddy Allen Carpet One, we care about the health of our customers. That’s why we compiled a list of the top 5 tips to improve the air quality in your home.
1. Dehumidify! During the winter, keep humidity inside your home at 30%-50% with a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers reduce moisture indoors and help keep allergens at bay.
2. Keep it outside! Add a course doormat outside to prevent dust, dirt and other allergens from being tracked inside the home. Placing a basket inside the door will encourage guests to remove their shoes upon entering the house.
3. Freshen up! Many daily cleaning products are full of harmful VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and chemicals. Look for products that are fragrance-free or naturally-scented and reduce using products in aerosol cans. Bring the outdoors inside with plants and open your windows to allow fresh air to circulate.
4. Vacuum it up! Keeping your floors clean is essential to improving the air quality indoors. Using a vacuum with a HEPA filter twice a week can reduce the concentrations of toxins and allergens in your home.
5. Live Healthier! Buddy Allen Carpet One’s exclusive Healthier Living Flooring Installation System includes a HEPA vacuuming, HealthinEx antimicrobial pre-treatment, antimicrobial carpet pads and double warranties. This trademarked system actually disinfects and minimizes the return of irritants, bacteria and other allergens and has been proven beneficial for people who suffer from allergies, asthma or other breathing difficulties.