Tag: Rug store Nashville
Buying carpet or any type of flooring sounds easy and for some perhaps it is. But if you’re new to the carpet-buying market in Nashville, you’ll find that you have tons of choices: carpet functionality, carpet quality, Sqft price, warranties and more importantly who’s going to be coming into your home to install it!
Why Buy Carpet?
People buy carpet for many reasons! Cozy, low maintenance, and durable, carpet provides a safe, comfortable spot for kids to play. Hundreds of color and style options mean that carpet can serve as an extension of your personality. So let’s get to your choices!
- Density- Carpets with a high density will resist crushing, matting, and overall wear much better than carpet with a low density.
- Pile Height- It’s simply how tall the carpet is. The higher a carpet extends the more material it consists of which in turn bumps up the price. Viewing a carpet’s pile height in addition to its density is critical in determining carpet quality. While you might want a lower carpet pile on your stairs, generally the higher the pile the better.
- Yarn Twist- Pay attention to the twist if you are considering a plush style or a cut pile carpet. The “twist” is how many times the yarns are wrapped or twisted in a one inch length of yarn. The higher (or tighter) the twist, the better the carpet and the longer the carpet will look brand new.
- Wool- Wool is the original Carpet fiber and is soft and very luxurious and is known to age gracefully. Because wool is completely natural, the fiber does not contain toxins. Wool is the most expensive carpet fiber.
- Nylon- Nylon is a synthetic fiber. More than 70% of carpet is made from nylon because it is soft. Most high-end carpet is made from Nylon fiber. The fact that a carpet is made from nylon, however, does not always relate to good quality. Nylon is not inherently stain resistant so nylon must be treated with stain protection such as Scotch guard or stain master, Teflon etc.
- Polyester-Today, polyester can be found in the entire range of carpet from entry level to High End. The construction today provides the same durability and warranties of comparable Nylons, but with better stain resistance and better pricing. Since Polyester is not tied to the petroleum industry, you can get a lot of carpet at a lower price. Polyester is also more “green” because it is produced from recycled plastics, such as water bottles.
- Textured carpet has alternating lengths of fibers that help mask footprints and vacuum marks. A textured cut pile is a great all-round carpet and is seen in most apartments.
- Plush is a very soft, formal carpet most often found in bedrooms. Plush carpet will show nearly every footprint and vacuum mark.
- Frieze carpet is made from slightly twisted fibers. The look is less formal than plush, but fancier than many textured pieces or Berber. The carpet feels soft on your feet, yet its fuzziness hides footprints and dirt well. Frieze carpet is one of the most durable carpets that you can purchase.
- Berber carpet is dense, extremely durable, and doesn’t show tracks, soil, or stains. Berber is perfect for high-traffic areas or places frequented by kids.
Try cool blues or greens to create a calm, peaceful setting, and warm reds or golden shades to make a large space feel cozier. Light colors can make small rooms feel larger and more open, so try cream or tan if you’re feeling claustrophobic. Dark shades or patterns can hide stains, as can tweed or textured carpet designs.
Always ask for carpet samples of each color you’re considering. Take them home to examine them in natural light before you buy. Keep in mind that sun exposure can fade colored carpeting, so choose fade-resistant products if your carpet will be in direct sunlight.
- “Green” Options- Protect your family by choosing carpet with a GreenSelect label, made from natural products, including wool, jute and other organic materials.
- Cushion- Cushion is the life of your carpet. A quality cushion with spill protection, anti microbial, and prime material will enhance the performance of your carpet.
THE BUDDY ALLEN DIFFERENCE
Warranty: No matter what floor covering you choose, at Buddy Allen, you’ll receive our Lifetime Installation Guarantee! This means that if there is ever a problem with your flooring due to the installation, we’ll fix it at no extra cost to you! We have a range of warranties on the carpeting that you can see here. Carpet flooring products with a Titanium, Platinum, or Gold SelectAFloor™ warranty carry The Beautiful Guarantee®. The Beautiful Guarantee® means that at any time after installation and during the terms of The Beautiful Guarantee, you wish to change your new carpet for a different SelectAFloor™ style or color, we’ll replace it free!
Who is coming into your home? All big-box stores that sell flooring will contract a 3rd party installation outfit out and send them to your home. The person you made your purchase with may not even know the names of the individuals they’re sending over to measure OR install….SCARY! At Buddy Allen, we have an in-house installation team that we work every day. They’re part of our team, and some have worked for us for over 25 years! A few people on our installation staff are actually the children of Buddy Allen’s first installer! It really is a tradition at Buddy Allen Carpet One.
Where are you shopping? Aside from our nearly 50 years of flooring knowledge and experience, we are locally-owned and on the third generation of being family-operated. We even provide FREE in-home estimates and shopping throughout Middle Tennessee. Our showroom is located at 2517 Lebanon Pike Nashville, TN 37214. Shop carpet online with us at www. BuddyAllenCarpetOne.com, in-store: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., or call (615) 208-5169, and we’ll send a flooring consultant to your home, FREE!
If you made it this far, you deserve a FREE Carpet Cleaning Kit!!!——————————————->